Welcome to Learning from a Distance!
Fayetteville Adult Education now offers assistance to students who want to prepare for the GED exam, improve basic skills or learn English online. If you are needing to retrain for a new job or prepare for post-secondary study, this could be the answer for you.
How to get started:
- Be enrolled in the Fayetteville Adult Education program;
- Grade level minimums: There is no set minimum grade level for students to participate in Distance Learning classes. However, the curriculum chosen for that student should be appropriate for the student's education function level.
- Accumulate twelve hours of face-to-face attendance on-site at the Fayetteville Adult Education Center;
- Have an active e-mail account and access to a smart phone or computer with internet access;
- Pass the Distance Learning online survey;
- Be at least eighteen years of age or older;
- Sign a Distance Learning contract.
Note: Students who are 16 and 17 years old may participate in Distance Learning classes as long as they are meeting the requirements outlined in the current Arkansas Adult Education Program Policies. Their Distance Learning hours will not be counted towards the minimum 20 hours of weekly attendance for 16 or 17 years old, or the minimum 10 hours for 16 or 17 year olds employed for 30 or more hours each week. Exceptions to the minimum 20 hours a week attendance policy for 16 or 17 year olds will be made on a case by case basis and will need to be approved by the state office in advance and include supporting information.
Students enrolled in Distance Learning must:
- Complete twelve or more hours, called proxy hours, of study a month using software such as My Skills Tutor, Aztec, or KeyTrain online systems or Steck-Vaughn printed lessons;
- Contact the Distance Learning instructor at least once a week via phone, email, or face-to-face at the Fayetteville Adult Education Center;
- Make progress in studies;
- Meet with their Distance Learning instructor face-to-face at the Fayetteville Adult Education Center at least once a month.
Plus, it's all FREE!