Welcome to the Root Counseling Page!
Elementary guidance counselors foster the educational, emotional, and social development of students throughout their academic careers. My goal is to support students in reaching their full academic potential and enjoy a positive school experience. I work with students, parents, and fellow staff members to help students receive the support needed to be successful. As a counselor, I meet with students individually, in small groups, and in a whole class format. I teach students various coping strategies, skills, and methods to handle various challenges. Students, parents, and staff members may request counseling services. All counseling services are brief and solution focused. I also provide referrals as necessary for more intense services at parents’ request. Counselors act as a liaison providing information and resources with school based support systems and outside agencies.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
If you need family assistance please click here.
- Respect - for self, others, property, authority
- Listening - position, body language, eye contact, focus
- Bullying - what is it?, friendship, teasing, target, bystander, ally, standing up for others
- Conflict Resolution - what is it?, steps to resolving, point of view
- Safety - personal safety, privacy, cyber safety, boundaries
- Problem Solving - choice, consequences, peer pressure
- Responsibility - accountability, consequences, doing your job
- Caring/Sharing - friendship, kindness, generosity, citizenship
- Goal Setting - measurable, achievable, overcoming obstacles, perseverance, short/long term
- Diversity - what does it mean?, same/different, stereotypes, discrimination, prejudice
- Test Taking - listening, attention, organization, relaxation, time management, study skills
- Self-Control - anger cues, triggers, reducers, self-talk
- Peer Pressure - friends, choices, positive/negative, assertive, consequences
- Careers - what this means, strengths, interests, occupation, goals