ALLPS APPLICATION: ALLPS Application: https://goo.gl/forms/fCokSBQKApGGfHap1
If you have moved since the school year started, please update your address/phone number with us.
Parents, please remember to send some form of water bottle with your child. Our water fountains have been turned off due to the virus, but the bottle fill still works. They can refill a plastic bottle, it doesn't have to be an expensive water bottle. thank you for all you do.
****Temp checks: All students must have a temperature reading beginning 9/14. Anyone with a temperature above 100.4 will need to return home****
COVID-19 SELF SCREENING
All students must complete the self-screening questions listed below prior to reporting to school, entering a school building, or attending a school-sponsored function. If the answer is “yes” to any of the questions, do not come to school.
Have you experienced ANY of the currently known symptoms of COVID-19 below in the past 48 hours?
- Have you had a fever of 100.4°F or greater in the last two (2) days?
- Do you have a cough?
- Do you have difficulty breathing?
- Do you have a sore throat?
- Have you experienced a new loss of the sensation of taste or smell?
- Have you had close* contact with a person known to be infected with COVID-19 in the previous 14 days? (Close contact is defined as being within approximately 6 feet of a COVID-19 positive case for greater than 15 minutes; close contact can occur while caring for, living with, visiting, or sharing a healthcare waiting area or room with a COVID-19 case or having direct contact with infectious secretions of a COVID-19 case (e.g., being coughed on).
Fayetteville Public Schools Covid-19 Dashboard: https://datastudio.google.com/...
- FPS COVID-19 Student Screening Form- https://docs.google.com/forms/...
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, ALLPS is not accepting visitors at this point in time. Thank you for understanding.
Please do not have food delivered to the students
ALLPS summer letter to parents 2020-21
Click Here: https://docs.google.com/docume...
Please make sure that your child brings their Chromebook to school fully charged every day. The device will get used daily as part of our blended learning instruction. If your child did not receive a Chromebook, please contact Hannah Fleming our Registrar 479-444-1230 or Hannah.email@example.com and she will coordinate with you to get a device for your child. Additionally, if your child needs help logging in to their device or accessing their email, please contact your child’s advisor as soon as possible and they can assist you with this.
ALLPS PTSO 2020-2021
The Fayetteville High School Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) is conducting our annual membership drive and we hope you will become a member. We are a volunteer group that works with parents, staff and students to promote education and create a positive, connected community at ALLPS.
We support 3 main areas at FHS and ALLPS:
- Student Outreach - including Glass Slipper, shoe drive, food and clothing as requested, Project Graduation and others
- Faculty Grants - grants to teachers for current school year projects up to $500
- Faculty Hospitality - including CAP conference, back-to-school and holiday meals and Teacher Appreciation Week, etc.
Please consider becoming a member of PTSO. Dues are only $20/year. Below is the link to join. https: FHSPTSO 20-21 Thank you in advance for your support! Elizabeth Cash & Sara Eichmann Membership co-chairs
NWTI NEWS 2020-2021
Click here: 2020 FPS Graduation RSVP
Check the Naviance college visit calendar daily to see which colleges are visiting FHS. Most of the time, the representatives that visit are the same people who are reading student applications. Making contact is super important to demonstrate interest in the college. Determine if you will apply Early Decision (ED). Discuss the ramifications of this decision with your parent and counselor. Remember you can only apply to one ED school. Work on college applications and observe all deadlines. For students attending the U of A - housing contracts open mid-September. Early completion of this phase of the housing contract process will guarantee that students are at the top of the list for choosing a residence hall room (this is Phase I of 4 phases for housing). Students will need to be prepared to submit a deposit of $200 to hold their place in the housing “line”. Look over your transcript and ensure all of your classes and grades are accurate. Did you take classes at a junior high school that counted for high school credit? Are they on your transcript? Make sure your GPA is accurate by using our GPA calculator. Go to Fayetteville High School>Student Resources>GPA Calculation. Notify the counselor if you have any errors that need to be corrected.
The ACT/SAT Test Dates
Click here for the ACT dates: https://documentcloud.adobe.co...
- September 4 Registration deadline for the October 3rd SAT
- September 12 ACT at FHS
- September 13 ACT at FHS
- September 17 Registration deadline for the ACT on October 10, October 17, October 24 and October 25
- September 19 ACT at FHS
- September 20 Registration deadline for the ACT on October 26
- September 22 U of A Housing Contract process opens at 10:00 am (Phase 1 of 4)
- September 26 SAT at ALLPS
- September 30 Honors convocation at the University of Arkansas - register for event in early August at https://honorscollege.uark.edu/ (28 ACT + 3.5 GPA)
- September 30 Brag sheet in Naviance must be filled out by all students applying to colleges that require a counselor recommendation
- Determine if you will apply Early Decision (ED). Discuss the ramifications of this decision with your parent and counselor. Remember you can only apply to one ED school.
- Work on college applications and observe all deadlines.
- For students attending the U of A - housing contracts open mid-September. Early completion of this phase of the housing contract process will guarantee that students are at the top of the list for choosing a residence hall room (this is Phase I of 4 phases for housing). Students will need to be prepared to submit a deposit of $200 to hold their place in the housing “line”.
- Look over your transcript and ensure all of your classes and grades are accurate. Did you take classes at a junior high school that counted for high school credit? Are they on your transcript? Make sure your GPA is accurate by using our GPA calculator. Go to Fayetteville High School>Student Resources>GPA Calculation. Notify the counselor if you have any errors that need to be corrected.
University of Arkansas Admissions Virtually: virtual presentation for Washington County students on Zoom from 4:15-4:45 on September 24 – please encourage your students to attend! https://uark.zoom.us/j/88559682208?pwd=cmZaekZEZ0JqMHphVm5Tc015aHVCZz09
NSU Virtual Event
NSU is presenting a webinar via Zoom from 9 a.m. to noon on Thursday Sept. 24 and will not require you to come to campus.
Additional details and instructions will be sent to you after event registration.
Each student who attended our event will receive an application fee waiver to apply for admission (good for sameday application).
Attendees of the virtual event will receive a free NSU mask in the mail.
Students will have the opportunity to win some giveaways!
To register for the virtual event click here.
Registration closes at 4 p.m. Sept. 23.
Thank you for your patience as we make decisions in the best interest of your child’s educational needs. We realize that the current COVID-19 pandemic is requiring all of us to make sacrifices and modifications and we appreciate your partnership with us as we navigate the waters during this unprecedented time. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s counselor, teacher, or an administrator.
Denise L. Hoy, Ed.D.
ALLPS School of Innovation